Monday, June 24, 2024

One smashed head.

 

Here is the picture I was sent.

Please can you fix this doll?

I said I would try. 








The body, clothes and a bag of head bits arrved.
Here are the head bits. A few other random bits were in the bag too.

















This head was once a standard fired bisque head that had been painted over in acrylic paint.....maybe a previous repair?
Here I have cleaned the repaint off of the bit with the nose.
Bisque repairs are not my thing but I can only improve upon a head in this condition.....I hope!














After cleaning every single bit I get them pieced back together.
But, there are lots of chips and a large section at the top of the head is missing.
















So, I get busy rebuilding with epoxy putty and filling with epoxy paste.
She doesn't look too pretty yet!
















After many more rounds of smoothing and puttying, she is getting to look less damaged.
















Then, finally, she looks like an intact doll.





























No comments:

Post a Comment